Saturday, August 24, 2013

IT'S ALL ABOUT...HAIR

Today, I am going to talk about HAIR. Yes, hair, that stuff on your head. Some of us love our hair and some of us hate our hair. I think I have a love-hate relationship with mine. Most days I am pretty content with it but other days I just throw it up in a bun and don't want to even waste another second thinking about it.

However, in the summer, it's a mostly hate relationship with my hair. The humidity gets the best of it and makes it all yucky and stuff. This summer hasn't been too bad with the humidity but there have been some days where I just wanted to rip it all out. Lately, I have been thinking of completely switching up my look to a long bob with ombre at the bottom. I'm super nervous about it so who knows if it will actually happen but it's a good possibility at the moment.

On my search for different hair products and styles, I came across two articles that are quite helpful.
The first article , "10 Excellent Treatments Under $15" caught my eye:
1. Aussie 3 Minute Miracle (I have used this and love it).
2. Shea Moisture Raw Shea Restorative Trauma Masque (This isn't under $15 but it is under $16!)
3. TRESemme Split Remedy Leave-In Split End Treatment (My absolute favorite, works wonders).
4. Rusk Deepshine Smooth Keratin Care Treatment (Apparently very good if you have colored hair- like me!)
5. Organix Macadamia Oil Intensive Mask (I have used Organix products before and love them).
6. John Frieda's Full Repair Touch-Up Flyaway Tamer (At first I thought it was mascara, hmm).
7. Neutrogena Deep Recovery Hair Mask (Also not under $15 but under $20 but if they are good with the face they should be good with the hair, right?!)
8. Optimum 6-in-1 Miracle Oil (Almost sounds too good to be true!)
9. Garnier's Fructis Fall Fight Hair Strand Saver Spray (You would think it'd make more sense to be a Summer Fight...)
10. Clear Therapy Balm (I love me a good balm).

As for the second article, I will give you a link but just list the different hair styles for ombre hair- since you  know that is the "it" girl hairstyle at the moment:
1. Half up/half down
2. Ombre top knots
3. Medium curly
4. Long bobs
5. Loose wavy
6. Twisted hair
7. Braided headband
8. Waterfall braided
9. Ponytail comes last


Happy Saturday! I am still resting and recovering from yesterday's surgery but it is going really well so far so hopefully I will be up and at it again in no time.

Travel on wanderlusters!

No comments:

Post a Comment