Wednesday, June 26, 2013

LAST SATURDAY

So, sometimes your day does not always go as planned...This was last Saturday for me.
Last Saturday I was supposed to attend a family graduation party in the afternoon and spend some time with my sister before that. However, my best friend woke me up to go to the mall with her and when we were leaving the mall we made a spontaneous decision to go get her nose pierced. Well, with this spontaneous decision came a car accident or rather, we were rear-ended by an SUV at about 35-40 mph (56-64 km/h).

A couple summers ago I was involved in a car accident where the car was totaled and I suffered whiplash, so after this incident I knew my neck was in for a little treat. After the adrenaline rush from being in an accident, I started to feel swelling and pain in my neck. I rang for an ambulance and was taken to the nearest hospital by ambulance. Spent some quality time in a stretcher in middle of a bustling emergency room. Several hours and x-rays later, I was told I had an acute neck injury and should just take it easy for the following days.

Just me, some muscle relaxers and pain killers with a side of True Blood and Pretty Little Liars. Life is relaxing..except for the whole neck shenanigans. Maybe NOW I will have some quality time to write these travel posts.

Travel on wanderlusters!

No comments:

Post a Comment