Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Terrible Tuesdays

Stressful days are the worst! Today has been just one of those horrible days where you don't want to wake up because you know you have a lot of things that need to be done and no where near enough time to do them. 

Sometimes you just need a big cup of your favorite tea; a good, dramatic 5 minute cry and 'me' time to get yourself sorted out. So, that's just what I did. Spent a majority of the day watching Pretty Little Liars and True Blood (my newest obsession), drank too much tea and slept until my evening class. Usually, when I get stressed out, I will take a few deep breaths, stretch myself out, watch my shows or oogle on Pinterest or my favorite clothing sites. A few minutes...or an hour...of doing that and I feel relaxed again. 

When I was at work last week, in the bathroom, there was a sign on the door about how March is mental health month and all the different things you can do to avoid a mental health breakdown or how to improve your mental health. I laughed because it was literally in my face, almost like it was telling me that I am too busy this semester and that I just need to slooooow down. Sheesh, I wish. Summer is just around the corner though, that's what keeps me moving at a full pace.

What do you do when you are stressed out? Whether it's from work, school, mid-terms, finals, big projects, family, friends, relationships or just life in general. We all have those moments where we realize we are moving too fast and trip over our own feet. It's then we eat pavement, lie face down for a few moments then pick ourselves back up and start moving again, but at a slower pace.

Happy almost hump-day and keep it moving! Travel on wanderlusters!

P.S. found this article today, pretty funny because as much as I love traveling, I dread the airplane flights and the whole process. I like being in the airport, just relaxing and exploring but that's about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment