Monday, January 14, 2013

New York City, New York

The 3-day trip to New York City started with a double decker bus ride for 4 1/2 hours and ended with a 4 1/2 hour double decker bus. But the time in-between was spent lounging around a beautiful house on the Long Island sound, walking around EVERYWHERE in the city, being followed by a drug addict in SoHo and finally trying the famous $1 New York style cheese pizza and a fluffy New York style bagel. We only spent one full day in the city but something is better than nothing right? One of my favorite cities in the world. Well, American cities that is.




While I was walking through the city I couldn't help but realize how weird it was to be in a big city where everyone is mostly speaking English and how the buildings were so TALL. Yes, I've been to New York City several times throughout my 18 years but it's been about 5 solid months since I've been in a modern, American city. I'm used to everyone speaking Czech or accented English and older, shorter buildings. I honestly prefer European cities after living in one for several months. What about you? Do you prefer American or European cities? I just think the history and architecture is so amazing. Definitely miss it and can't wait to see it again Thursday morning. 

I just recently started watching Homeland...SO GOOD! I was a little surprised that they could air something so similar to events that have/are happening in the United States. Super interesting and makes you think really hard: engaging. I'm hooked though so before I leave Wednesday night I am trying to get through 16 more episodes so I am caught up. If you haven't watched it yet, get started! You honestly will get hooked after the first episode. 

Travel on wanderlusters! I have tons to do before making my way to Paris then back to Prague Wednesday night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment