Saturday, November 17, 2012

Revolutionary Day in Prague...Protests and Demonstration

Craziness right?!


It's an interesting day to be in Prague...November 17th is a national holiday here, it's the The Day of a Struggle for Freedom and Democracy, or so it's called. It's the day the Velvet Revolution started 23 years ago.

So, Wencesla's Square today is packed with thousands and thousands of people protesting or celebrating and throughout Prague, TV crews are reporting the people marching through the streets protesting to bring back communism or protesting to keep it away. Currently, I'm in a coffee-shop conducting an interview but afterwards, I will head down the street and immerse myself into the crowd. The picture posted is courtesy of my friend but I will have some of my own pictures in a few hours and I will talk more about the experience later tonight...

Travel on wanderlusters!

No comments:

Post a Comment