Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

I'm dedicating this blog to the recent storm, Hurricane Sandy. Even though I live in Prague at the moment, my home is the East Coast in America. Many of the places I have gone growing up and love, have been beyond destroyed. My family and most of my friends along the East Coast were in the areas who did not get so affected which I am so grateful for. I stayed up for two nights straight worrying about the storm and the next time I would hear from them. However, the beach my friends and I escape to for a week every summer, about 3 hours from my hometown, has been completely put underwater and the damage is unfathomable. It all breaks my heart. New York City, a city I love and will one day live in has gone completely black and is also destroyed beyond belief. I have some friends there that I have not yet heard from which worries me to no end. I feel so so sorry for those who lost everything to this vicious storm.

For those of you affected by the storm, stay strong and the sun will shine again. My heart goes out to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment